Creating a new page
There are two ways to create a new page in Wikka:
1. Creating a new page from an existing page
The most common way to create a new page is to edit
an existing page, insert somewhere in the page a pointer to the new page you want to create (either by using a WikiName
or a [[forced]]
internal link) and save it. The link to the new page will be highlighted as a missing page
. Just clicking on this link will open an editable version of the new page.
2. Creating a new page from the browser address field
To create a new page from your browser address field, just type the name of the page (usually a WikiWord
) after the Wikka root URL. For instance, to create a new page on this server you just need to type in the browser address field http://wikkawiki.org/NewPage
Consider that creating a page in this way leaves the page orphaned
until a link to it from an existing page is created. For this reason, the first method is preferred.
The newpage action
You can also use the following action
to create and edit a new page.
Tips and guidelines:
- If you are new to this server, read this introduction to get started.
- Please use a WikiName that describes your page the best and remember to add the category to which you think it belongs. Check the Categories link above for a list of the existing categories, and WikiCategory for more information.
- See FormattingRules for details of how to use wiki markup.